Featured Post

A little bit about me.

Hi everyone!! Courtney here, but you can call me Court. I'm not really sure how to start this blog but I needed an intro page to get thi...

Friday, June 16, 2023

Music Review: Problems with Living by Tiny Forehead

 16/06/23 - Problems with Living - Tiny Forehead

I recently had contact with Tiny Forehead, a band based in Boston UK. They are a 5 piece garage band. I was given access to a recently released EP, decided to listen to all the tracks, and gave my thoughts on it. It is small with only 3 tracks. It was released in November 2022 followed up by the latest single “I Always Knew” in February 2023 on streaming. All via Six Miles Under records via distributor Horus Music. Tiny Forehead have built their sound by taking inspiration from various waves such as 60's Garage, 70's UK Punk, 80's Post Punk, Northern Soul, Surf and Indie, a great mix of genres to listen to.

Tiny Forehead have a quirky sound and no two songs are the same. Each have its own uniqueness to it, which I really liked. After a few listens I found myself pretty hooked. The sound is very different to what I am used to. It took a few tries to really grasp and get into it, but if you like the sound then this is 100% for you. When you are presented with music that is a little different, you have to not let your personal preference override anything to keep everything fair. I really had to listen to this EP several times to make sure that I was feeling every single component in each track. It happened, once the barrier was lifted all 3 tracks grew on me and sounded better and better after each loop, which saw me reaching for the volume button. I have to admit I love being handed different music, it can spark absolutely anything within the mind. With that, I encourage anyone who comes across this blog post to give the ep a chance and to give the band as a whole a chance, go stream their music, and go and see them. I say this with every band, they all deserve a chance from someone. I have this feeling they could go places and do really well from what I have heard. Problems with living sounds fantastic and I hope it gets to reach its target audience and gain a few new supporters along the way.

Tiny Forehead can be found on social media @foreheadtiny
Problems with living can be streamed on all platforms.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think of my blog. All comments are welcomed. xx