Featured Post

A little bit about me.

Hi everyone!! Courtney here, but you can call me Court. I'm not really sure how to start this blog but I needed an intro page to get thi...

Tuesday, November 29, 2022

Live Review: Fizzy Blood + Supports @ The Deaf Institute - Manchester

 24/11/22 - Deaf Institute - Manchester

A short train ride down to Manchester saw me once again at The Deaf Institute to go see new discovery Fizzy Blood. Supports were Purple Thread and my lifelong faves Hollows.

Purple Thread

First band up to perform was Purple Thread, another new band on my extremely long list of bands to watch. Honestly, they are amazingly good!!! Fab choice for a support. They have a fantastic sound and just looked great together at the same time. I'm a sucker for a band who sound like bands that pre-exist in my life and Purple Thread are just that. They played a fantastic set, and a few came out to see them too. It's always so nice seeing people come out together and support a band, support acts are just as good if not better and these guys (and the next band) totally prove that.
The huge question is, would I see them again? Of course!! I wouldn't mind seeing them again and I will be keeping my eyes peeled on socials for more gigs.

Social Media: @Purple_Thread

Hollows


The next band in question need no introduction, as Hollows appear everywhere in my life. Well because quite frankly, they are my life. I'll try not to go on forever but obviously they were the best band of the evening and the ones I came to see first. The past 9 months knowing these lads have been great. They look after me and adore me too. I'm lucky to also own merch, and the infamous tattoos that everyone knows me for!

Anyway, onto their set, of course it was the best like it always is. It's so wonderful to see them getting to play venues that they've always wanted to play in. I've been to see Hollows in a hell of a lot of different venues up and down the country, I know how special this one means to all four of them. To be fair it is a pretty good venue, the lighting is perfect!! I love it, everyone loves it.
I really don't need to answer the "Will I see them again" question because I know for a fact the next time, they do absolutely anything I will be there in a flash. Whether its Manchester or London, Court will be there screaming her head off or running around with my camera. Thats just how it goes down when I'm about!
They're worth their weight in gold and honestly, I hope they realise how happy they make me. Another amazing set once again. Can't wait for more.

Social Media: @hollowsuk

Fizzy Blood


The headliners of the night were Fizzy Blood. Another new discovery and defo up there on the list of the sweetest bands ever. They played Manchester to finish off their mini-4-night tour and it was amazing. I wasn't planning to stay for the entire set, but my gut was telling me to stay. I'm glad I did they are lovely and perform so well. I honestly enjoyed what I saw and heard, and I would happily make a show again one day. Maybe something to do in 2023. Which begs the question. Will I see them again? Highly likely yes! They are defo ones to watch and I'm happy to be a part of their little journey now.
Watch out for Fizzy Blood to be featured in more live reviews and music reviews!!!

Social Media: @fizzybloodband

*Photos by @shotbycourt_*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think of my blog. All comments are welcomed. xx