Featured Post

A little bit about me.

Hi everyone!! Courtney here, but you can call me Court. I'm not really sure how to start this blog but I needed an intro page to get thi...

Thursday, October 27, 2022

Music Review: Free Me by The Coolgang Foxtrots

 28/10/22 - Free Me release day.

Today the new single by The Coolgang Foxtrots got released to all major streaming platforms. I had a listen to the track myself to see what it was like.

The Coolgang Foxtrots are a new band on my books. I have only known about them for about a month or so and I loved what I heard from this band when I first saw them live in Salford, so naturally I was fairly confident this song would be a huge hit with myself.

I can tell you all now this single is fantastic!!! I really love upbeat tracks, and this really delivered. The song really makes you start to head bop and dance in your kitchen at midnight. I had to listen to a song a few times like I always do and this song really just gets better every single time. I really enjoyed listening to it and will always enjoy listening to it. This song is perfect for any moment, whether its travelling (to and from gigs like me) or if you're at home or working, the upbeat track and fab vocals will really get you moving and passing the time in a unique way.

The song is also about lockdown and covid-19 and is completely self-produced and self-released which is fantastic to see. It's also great to see bands making songs about lockdown and creating their own spin on the experiences during that time.
This song was also played live at Retro in Manchester within a month of it being recorded.
The artwork is part of the song I love the most. As a photographer I have a keen eye on every aspect of art, and I love many art forms as well as my own. I just love that the artwork for this was created by turning a live performance image into a 
kaleidoscope effect.

To sum it all up the single is fab, and I love it so much. It's totally different but really represents this band so well. I cannot wait to hear more singles just like this one.
Free me can be found on all major streaming platforms and can also be found at www.thecoolgangfoxtrots.com.
The Coolgang Foxtrots can also be found on social media at @thecoolgangfoxtrots.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think of my blog. All comments are welcomed. xx