Featured Post

A little bit about me.

Hi everyone!! Courtney here, but you can call me Court. I'm not really sure how to start this blog but I needed an intro page to get thi...

Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Live Review: Isla Rico headline show - 15/10/22

 15/10/22 - Deaf Institute - Manchester

A warm Saturday afternoon saw me head down to Manchester from Wigan to go and support a band I have known for a whopping 5 years!! Isla Rico have had many changes but now have found their true selves and is officially at the top of their game.

The Book Club


First up was The Book Club, who are a fantastic band who have bags of talent coming our way. I hadn't heard of them before this show but they're fantastic to watch. They all have so much energy and a great sound to match. I really liked their latest single, watch out for a blog coming soon as I check this band out. They need more people following them and knowing about them. If you do anything go see this band.
Would I see them again? 100% yes!!

Social Media: @Thebookclubuk

Ritch Scholes


Second to take the stage and perform a rather laidback acoustic set was none other than Rich Scholes. I've known Ritch for a while now as I knew him from his band Twenty four seven who then became The Shades. A few people came down to support Ritch as he sang a few original tracks and a few covers with nothing but a guitar. This lad has talent and it really shines through now that he is solo. I'm also happy to say he still speaks to ex Shades drummer Mike, who was also down on the night supporting his friend. I managed to grab both of them for a chat after the show which was fab.
Fantastic set Ritch, can't wait to see whats instore next!!

Social Media: @sonofaritch

Isla Rico


Final band and the headliners of the evening was Isla Rico. Now this band I have seen in many different forms, but this one has to be up there with the greats. I have followed them for a whole 5 years and I have watched this band grow so much. They have come on in heaps and bounds and are doing amazingly well. There was quite a crowd supporting them which was wonderful to see. Their new music is just fab! I honestly can't wait for more singles to come out so I can crack on and write a few up for my own blogs. This gig was amazing and the best I have ever seen them. They make me incredibly proud and I will be here longterm. This band have seen me go through rough patches but also now get to see me living my best life!! I can't wait to show them what I have to offer myself.
They also have a show in London which I could be planning to attend, I'm not 100% yet as London is quite a fair way but if I can I certainly will. But in the meantime I will continue to watch these lads grow even more. They are officially at the top of their game and I can't wait to see whats next. They'll be headlining arenas before we know it!!

Social Media: @weareislarico

*Images by @shotbycourt_*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think of my blog. All comments are welcomed. xx