Featured Post

A little bit about me.

Hi everyone!! Courtney here, but you can call me Court. I'm not really sure how to start this blog but I needed an intro page to get thi...

Thursday, July 28, 2022

Hollows + Supports @ The Jacaranda - Liverpool - 27/07/22

 27/07/22 - The Jacaranda Club, Liverpool

A very long 5 and a half hour coach via Leeds and Manchester, due to rail strikes. Took me to Liverpool for my 3rd show of the week with Hollows.

Matty Keeley

First support of the evening was Matty Keeley. A fab first opener for this gig. He played a full acoustic set with a mix of covers and originals to really get the crowd warmed up ready for the bands ahead. This lad is going to go far and I really liked what I heard that night, and so did the small crowd that came down early.
Would I see Matty again? Yes if he was performing locally or at a gig I was attending. He has great talent and I would like to see him again and maybe give him a longer write up. He is one of the newest artists on my ones to watch list.
I wish him all the best and hope we cross paths again soon.

Social Media: @mattykeeleyofficial


Asahara

Next band on was Asahara from Warrington. These guys were great but I didn't click with their lead singer like I normally do. Either he had just had a few or just had an ego for the performance, something just didn't sit right with me. Maybe I need to come and see these lads a few times and really get to know them as one short set doesn't always give results sometimes. But their set really did get people going to be fair. A few people even came down to see them as well. So they have people backing them which is always so nice to see. 
Would I see them again? At this moment no. But I would give them a cheer and enjoy their music if they were supporting a band I really liked again. I know a few bands from Warrington so that could happen one day. They are really really good, just not for me at this moment in time. I wish them all the best.

Social Media: @asaharaband1


The Seminals

The final support of the night was The Seminals. Who indeed blew me away. They are AMAZING!!!!! I have seen their name pop up a few times prior to this gig, because they do a lot of shows under Softlad Promotions. So I knew they had to be great, and they really were. They had a few people come down to see them as well. Their original songs are true hits and I loved what I heard. I really like their sound and would really like to come back and see them. They also have a really sweet photographer who they need to keep. But if they ever need a backup, Ill 100% be there. The Seminals are on my ones to watch list and I will be keeping an eye on these guys as they are going to go far and go places.

Social Media: @theseminals

Hollows


Now I don't think I need an introduction for the next band that took to the Jacaranda stage. As Hollows have been featured in my blogs a hell of a lot and will be featured so many times as I did indeed join them for 6 out of 9 of their tour dates. Which they loved.
Hollows did a great job like they always do. They always put on a good show no matter what. They had mostly original tracks but threw in a cover most nights of their tour, and Liverpool was no different. The crowd that came down really enjoyed themselves and of course I enjoyed myself as well like I always do.
Obviously there's something about this band that makes me come back every single time and it isn't just the music. They are the nicest lads and I really got to know them whilst gigging and spending a hell of a lot of time with them. It was crazy good.
Of course I'll 100% be seeing Hollows again. They have me for life and I am going nowhere.

Social Media: @hollowsuk

(Images by: Shot by Court)






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think of my blog. All comments are welcomed. xx