Featured Post

A little bit about me.

Hi everyone!! Courtney here, but you can call me Court. I'm not really sure how to start this blog but I needed an intro page to get thi...

Friday, June 24, 2022

The Covasettes: Plastic Gold Single Launch - Manchester


 23/06/22 - 33 Oldham Street, Manchester

A rushed but long trip into Manchester by bus due to train strikes, saw me head to 33 Oldham Street to see the Covasettes launch their new single, Plastic Gold. I honestly didn't think I was able to attend this show as it had sold out. But luckily a fellow supporter of the band kindly gave me their ticket as they weren't able to attend anymore. So I was able to attend myself.

Alex Spencer


First to perform and the only support act was Alex Spencer. I have in fact already seen Alex before this gig. I had the pleasure in photographing his set in Warrington as part of the Platinum Jubilee celebration gigs. Alex is a wonderful singer, as I have mentioned in a previous blog, this lad is going to go so far. He had an amazing set and already has a good strong mix of original songs and covers. Everyone seemed to like what they were hearing. Will on drums was just as good, he also has loads of talent. Both are going to go really far and it was great to see both perform again, as when your the photographer you focus on the images rather than the artist.
I wish Alex all the best for the future, and hope our paths cross again. Pleasure to work with and a credit to all those around him. A must see.

Social Media: @alexspencermusicuk

The Covasettes

The final band of the night was The Covasettes. This is my 2nd time seeing these guys as I only started to see them this year. I last saw them when they supported Deco up in The Deaf institute as part of their tour. They are an amazing band!! Getting to see them was amazing. I do feel bad taking spare tickets as I know someone couldn't attend so that I could. But the night was still great. The crowd really got going at this point, the room was so small and it got pretty sweaty pretty quickly. Their set however was amazing, no one minded standing in a hot and stuffy venue to see these lads launch their new single. Which I must add is fantastic and is now available to stream and download!! A few people already knew the song as ticket holders got sent the song in advance, sadly not me as I had a ticket from someone else, but I got to hear it live so I'm satisfied.
I got to catch up with the band after their set and also got given a setlist. That just tops everything off and I can't wait until I can see this band again. Another must see.

Social Media: @thecovasettes

(Images by Shot By Court)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think of my blog. All comments are welcomed. xx