Featured Post

A little bit about me.

Hi everyone!! Courtney here, but you can call me Court. I'm not really sure how to start this blog but I needed an intro page to get thi...

Monday, May 16, 2022

The Met Bury, Emerging showcase: Denova - 13/05/22

 13/05/22 - Bury, Greater Manchester

Friday 13th saw me take a short trip into Bury, which isn't far from me at all and still in my BL postcode range, which I love. To The Met theatre to watch one of their emerging showcase events featuring a band I have known since December 2021. Denova.

The Venue

The Met is a fantastic venue with 2 rooms, the main venue upstairs that holds many theatre shows and gigs, and The Box. A smaller venue downstairs on the main floor of the venue. I really liked being in this venue. It's a lovely area and The Box is a great small space big enough for 100 people or more to enjoy live music and shows. This room had no bar but the bar is a short distance away in the same building. I would happily attend more shows at this venue.

Denova

The only band to perform during this showcase was indeed Denova. They're actually a local band from Bury and the surrounding Manchester areas. I got to see them for the very first time back in December at the magnificent Deaf Institute.
They played an amazing 1 hour set. They really went for it, like they always do. The hour flew by, but I honestly didn't want it to end. Denova have the most amazing sound and I adore all their songs. During this set we got a few cheeky new songs to enjoy as well as the songs that are released that everyone knows and loves!! The crowd was small but the spirits were high and everyone loved every second of this gig.
I got to speak to the band after the show and they are really lovely lads. I adore them with all my heart and I even finally copped myself some lovely merch, which might I add. Is extremely comfy.
Would I see Denova again? 100% yes!! Next show they announce I will be there. I can't wait to see all the new stuff they have coming up.

Social Media: @denovaband




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think of my blog. All comments are welcomed. xx