Featured Post

A little bit about me.

Hi everyone!! Courtney here, but you can call me Court. I'm not really sure how to start this blog but I needed an intro page to get thi...

Monday, May 30, 2022

The Lunar Year tour - Manchester - 26/05/22

 26/05/22 - Academy 3, Manchester

A short trip into Manchester and checked into my hotel for the night. Saw me down at Manchester's Academy 3. For The Lunar Year's debut tour.

Bronnie

First up to perform was Bronnie alongside bandmates Chris Mitchell, Peter Gebbie and everyone's favourite American, Mason Levi. They played a fantastic set full of everyone's favourite songs mixed in with a few covers. They got everyone dancing and having a great time. Even little drunk me was at the back trying to start a mosh pit!!!! Bronnie shows are always fun and I even bumped into the fabulous Eli and Cerys from Body Water!! I always love coming out to see Bronnie and this show was no different. I got to have a catch up with Bronnie after the show and got to have a catch up outside which was amazing as I sadly won't see them again until later on in the year. Will I see Bronnie again? 100% YES!!!!

10/10

Social Media: @bronniemusic

The Tyne


Next band to perform was The Tyne. Amazing bands I do have to say this. But their fans, are way younger than me and not my crowd anymore. But them as a band are really cool and I could see myself vibing to their music regardless. I haven't had time to check them out properly yet at the time of writing this, but I will. They played a fantastic set that everyone seemed to love. I even found myself getting a few videos of their set and having a bit of a dance myself. I didn't see them after the show and I also learned these boys have a 5 year age gap with me. 
So maybe not a band that I can fully commit to until they reach a better age. Despite this, they can really sing and really perform and are going to go far.  By this point I was deep in alcohol and was just having the best time!!! Would I see The Tyne again? Yes if they were supporting someone I knew for now as they are fairly young lads and I'm literally almost in my mid twenties haha.

Social Media: @thetyneband

The Lunar Year


The final band and the headliners of the evening were The Lunar Year. Made up of Connor Ball from The Vamps, and Sasa Macek from Cheat Codes. Two amazing lads who are honestly so genuine and super amazing. They played a wicket set, everyone in the room knew the lyrics to the songs off their self titled EP. Despite only being out for a few days at the time of the show. They played a Vamps cover, which was everyone's fave "Can we dance." Everyone looked like they had the best time at this fairly intimate show. I would happily do another show of theirs if they ever make a return to Manchester!
I got to meet the lads outside the venue after the show. They took the time to see everyone who couldn't get or afford a VIP ticket, including myself. I really do love it when bands make time for their fans, it truly shows who is genuine and who isn't. Huge love and respect to Connor and Sasa for doing this. Until next time.

Social Media: @thelunaryear




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think of my blog. All comments are welcomed. xx