Featured Post

A little bit about me.

Hi everyone!! Courtney here, but you can call me Court. I'm not really sure how to start this blog but I needed an intro page to get thi...

Monday, November 8, 2021

First Review: Thursday 4th November 2021: 32Tens live at Jimmy's Liverpool.

32Tens name above the door at Jimmy's Liverpool

My first review brings me to a gig I attended Thursday night. I travelled into Liverpool on 2 different trains over 2 hours. Checked into a hotel for the night, got something to eat and went off to Jimmy's bar on the iconic Bold Street to see 32Tens headline.

After a short wait doors opened, the ticket checks were speedy and efficient. However, there weren't any covid-19 or bag checks. Due to the current pandemic and the spiking allegations, I thought that this would've happened but maybe wasn't important due to the venue size and the number of people who actually attended. I bought a pint of my favourite Jimmy's house cider and got settled ready for the show to begin. This venue is down in the basement of the bar, it has a small stage with full lighting and sound systems and is overall a nice place to attend gigs. The facilities are easy to find and the small space really gives off that intimate feel that I like about gigs in general. It is one of my favourite venues in Liverpool and I really enjoy shows here.


The first band who came on stage were called The Left Backs. This was the first time I had heard of them personally, and I really liked what they produced and how they sound live. They are a mix of indie and rock (I hope I'm correct in saying this) and they are brilliant. They warmed up the crowd well and knew how to put on a show. The songs they played were brilliant and I found myself bopping along with my drink in hand and phone in the other. I could see myself coming to another show to see them support or even as a headline. Their presence on social media is fantastic, I got a few messages after the show and over the weekend. They also kindly stopped outside after the show for a chat and I made sure to thank them for performing and being so wonderful. Defo is a must see. I give this band an 8/10 due to the fact it took me a few songs to get into them, but I think in a few months they'll be the perfect 10/10.

Managed to grab a photo with Urbanparcs lead
singer Ed Fisher.
 The second band that took to the Jimmy's stage were called Urbanparcs. Again, similar style to both The Left Backs and 32Tens. Another fantastic set was played and I really got into these lads pretty fast. I also found myself chatting to one of their members on the stairs on the way into the basement, which I thought was lovely. The lead singer is a lovely lad and is brilliant to chat to. I caught them at another venue over the weekend after a show I had attended there and had a catch up with them there. I give these a 9/10 because they're new but they will go far. I'm planning another show they're performing at soon and I hope to be able to attend and get to know these lads even better. They have a really good sound and are genuine and kind lads who are on my ones to watch list. A huge well done to Urbanparcs.

The final band of the evening is a band I've known for about 2/3 years now. Known as 32Tens. I have however known their lead singer Max Vickers for about 4/5 years, as he used to be a soloist and I have just stuck with him and carried on the following over to his career in 32Tens. Looking back from then to now, they've blossomed into a lovely band who have the most amazing sound I have heard. They put on a fantastic headline set and really attracted a crowd, which was amazing to see. In such a short time these lads have grown and are doing fantastically well with their music. They are going to go far and I can't wait for more shows and more music in the future. I managed to have a chat with them after the show and even met a few of their family and close friends. When bands perform on home soil or in their nearest city, family do come and it's always nice to chat with everyone. The lads even kindly stopped for photos afterwards with me, this part always sticks in my mind about a band. If they make time for you, you make time for them. I have huge respect for these guys and I simply cannot rate them as they are one of the bands who are off the scale for me. Again, I am super excited for their future.

To sum it up. I give the show as a whole a 9/10. The bands on all attracted their own crowds and all did a fantastic job and have impressed me a lot!!! The venue is also lovely. Everything from the staff to the decor is lovely. Fab location and just gives off a nice vibe.

Band profiles: (all profiles are sourced from Instagram any other profiles can be found from here)

@theleftbacks_band

@urbanparcs

@32tens






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment and let me know what you think of my blog. All comments are welcomed. xx